Program Director- Maternal Fetal Medicine
Location(s): Galloway, NJ
Help us change the delivery of healthcare.
AtlantiCare, a Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award recipient and the leading health system in southeastern New Jersey, seeks a BC/BE Perinatologist to lead our physician group and help grow our Maternal-Fetal Medicine practice.
This is a consultative practice with state-of-the-art ultrasound equipment, experienced certified sonographers and genetic counseling services. With over 2,060 deliveries per year, we have a large referral base, including 30 employed OB providers. Our integrated system of care includes a full array of adult subspecialty services to help support your perinatal care. In this role, you will perform both inpatient and outpatient consultations at three locations, including our 26-bed Level III NICU.
The ideal candidate has an interest in interpreting detailed fetal ultrasounds and performing invasive fetal diagnoses and fetal echocardiograms. There is ample opportunity to pursue your research interests within the department of OB/GYN.
Board certification in Maternal-Fetal Medicine, current and ongoing. Leadership qualities that allow for trust and respect among colleagues and peers. You demonstrate professional behavior in all settings and are committed to high efficiency and productivity in inpatient and outpatient arenas. The program director shall be administratively responsible for the functions of the Maternal-Fetal Medicine Department. He/she shall be accountable for all clinically related and administratively related activities within the Division of Maternal-Fetal Medicine including:
Best People Best Workplace
- Making recommendations concerning a sufficient number of qualified and competent persons to provide care, treatment and services in the division.
- Continuing surveillance of the professional performance of all individuals who have delineated clinical privileges and clinical duties in the division.
- Coordinating and overseeing in-service training, orientation and continuing education of all persons in the division.
- Recommending the space, personnel and other resources needed by the division.
- Coordinating and providing education to the community obstetricians as needed.
- Participating in analyzing, communicating and educating information to physicians, nurses, administration and staff on current and targeted clinical outcomes.
- Providing leadership to the division.
Best Financial Performance
- Identifying and implementing plans to improve efficiency within the division.
- Identifying and implementing billing and coding practices consistent with the standard of care to maximize revenue for the division.
- Recommending resources needed for patient care, treatment and services for the division.
- Recommending infrastructure needs to build and grow the division.
- Coordinating and providing clinical oversight of satellite division sites.
- Establishing outreach connections to community obstetricians.
- Identifying and initiating opportunities, making recommendations and coordinating changes to integrate and enhance the division.
- Leveraging fresh approaches to grow the size and scope of the division.
- Expanding the clinical infrastructure of the division.
- Promoting a culture of institutional collaboration to drive the strategic plans of the division and organization.
Best Customer Experience
- Developing and implementing plans and goals for improved patient satisfaction scores for the providers.
- Developing and implementing plans for improving the customer experience for the division.
- Developing, implementing and building physician loyalty.
- Participating in hospital and AtlantiCare performance improvement activities.
- Developing and implementing standing operating procedures that guide and support the provision of services within the division.
- Ensuring that quality and appropriateness of patient care within the division are maintained and evaluated through quality control programs, including the continuous assessment and improvement of the quality of care and services provided.
- Establishing departmental rules and regulations consistent with those of the medical staff and hospital. Enforcing the hospital and medical staff bylaws, rules, regulations and policies within the department, including initiating corrective action and investigating clinical performance.
- Developing, implementing and building business plans that support evidence-based practices and quality initiatives.
- Coordinating and integrating services within the division and among departments with the community providers and with other hospital functions.
- Identifying and implementing plans to improve effectiveness of patient care within the department.
- Participating in all other duties as necessary.
Southeastern New Jersey is a beautiful place to live and work with pristine beaches and welcoming neighborhoods located on or near the water in Atlantic, Ocean and Cape May counties, from rural to urban settings. Enjoy access to excellent public and private schools in a region that abounds with history, culture, the arts, entertainment and recreation.
At AtlantiCare, you’ll work with a team of like-minded colleagues and an exceptional staff in a collaborative environment. Best of all, you’ll be backed by a health system that values your opinions and contributions and that respects your need for work/life balance and desire to make an impact.
Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V