Nurse Midwife (RN)
Location(s): Pomona, New Jersey
Help us change the delivery of healthcare.
AtlantiCare, a Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award recipient and the leading health system in southeastern New Jersey, is seeking a Registered Nurse Midwife to join our growing Magnet® team.
This is an exciting opportunity to join AtlantiCare's premier OB/GYN group consisting of 8 providers and 20 midwives. Managing prenatal patient care, the Nurse Midwife will work:
- two 8-hour days per week
- one 24-hour shift per week in labor and delivery
- one weekend shift per month
- only 4 call days per month!
AtlantiCare's Center for Childbirth has a level II NICU with 24-hour neonatologist presence and MFM, as well as a strong clinical service line to care for women.
Surgical first assist for C-sections will be required of this midwife. However, AtlantiCare can provide support to train if necessary and aid in the completion of a 90-day class and externship.
This opportunity comes with:
- a compensation differential
- federal loan forgiveness eligibility
- sign-on bonus
The Nurse Midwife is responsible for the management of the uncomplicated prenatal patient throughout the maternity cycle, including the antepartum, postpartum and interconceptional periods. This position supports organizational goals by providing quality customer service, participating in performance improvement efforts, and demonstrating a commitment to teamwork and cooperation.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited school of nursing.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Current licensure as a registered nurse in the State of New Jersey.
- Certificate in Nurse Midwifery from a school approved by the American College of Nurse Midwives.
- ACLS preferred.
- 3-5 years of midwife experience preferred; new grads will be considered.
- Experience in a HealthStart practice setting preferred.
- Proficiency in clinical applications preferred at time of hire. Incumbents within position will be trained appropriately and then skill will be required for this position within 30-60 days from date of hire.
Position will also be granted privileges from the Atlantic City Medical Center medical staff.
Southeastern New Jersey is a beautiful place to live and work with pristine beaches and welcoming neighborhoods located on or near the water in Atlantic, Ocean and Cape May counties, from rural to urban settings. Enjoy access to excellent public and private schools in a region that abounds with history, culture, the arts, entertainment and recreation. Within an hour from the City of Brotherly Love, Philadelphia is right over the bridge. The ability to take a short ferry to Rehoboth Beach, DE is right within your reach. What are you waiting for?
Please send your CV and a good time for us to connect if you are interested in this role.