Location(s): Pomona, New Jersey
Help us change the delivery of healthcare.
This is an exciting opportunity to join AtlantiCare's premier OB/GYN group consisting of 16 physicians and 15 midwives. As a well-respected midwife, you will join a team built on synergy and the understanding that the patient comes first. In a Full Practice state, you will be an autonomous provider entrusted with patient care and tasked with developing strong patient/provider relationships and managing uncomplicated prenatal patient throughout the maternity cycle.
The midwife will manage prenatal patient care two 8-hour days per week, as well as provide one 24-hour Labor & Delivery shift per week at our Mainland Campus and one weekend shift per month. Only 4 call days per month are required! AtlantiCare's Center for Childbirth has a level II NICU with 24-hour neonatologist presence and MFM, in addition to a strong clinical service line to care for women. Surgical first assist for C-sections will be required of this midwife. AtlantiCare can provide support to train (if necessary) and aid in the completion of a 90-day class and externship.
The Nurse Midwife is responsible for the management of the uncomplicated prenatal patient throughout the maternity cycle, including the antepartum, postpartum and interconceptional periods. This position supports organizational goals by providing quality customer service, participating in performance improvement efforts, and demonstrating a commitment to teamwork and cooperation.
Exceptional Perks of the Job:
- Multi-site, hospital-owned practices with nine locations and two hospitals
- Over 1,200 deliveries per year
- Covered malpractice insurance
- Annual bonus incentives
- Only 4 call days per month
- Work/life balance with significant PTO
- CME reimbursement, CME days and tuition assistance program
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited school of nursing required; Master's degree preferred.
- Current licensure as a registered nurse in the State of New Jersey.
- Certificate in Nurse Midwifery from a school approved by the American College of Nurse-Midwives required.
- BLSHCP required; ACLS preferred.
- 3-5 years of midwife experience preferred; new grads will be considered. Preferably, experience in a HealthStart practice setting.
- Proficiency in clinical applications preferred at time of hire. Incumbents within position will be trained appropriately and then skill will be required for this position within 30 to 60 days from date of hire.
Southeastern New Jersey is a beautiful place to live and work with pristine beaches and welcoming neighborhoods located on or near the water in Atlantic, Ocean and Cape May counties, from rural to urban settings. Enjoy access to excellent public and private schools in a region that abounds with history, culture, the arts, entertainment and recreation. Within an hour from the City of Brotherly Love, Philadelphia is right over the bridge.