Associate Medical Director, Population Health
Location(s): Egg Harbor Township, NJ
Help us change the delivery of healthcare.
AtlantiCare, a Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award recipient and leading health system in southeastern New Jersey, has a unique opportunity for an Associate Medical Director for Population Health. This newly created position will be a split role between Associate Medical Director and working part-time as a primary care physician.
As the Associate Medical Director for Population Health, you will play a critical leadership role responsible for the growth and expansion of ACO and MACRA requirements. You will work closely with the Senior Vice President and Medical Director of Population Health to assess and, as needed, to enhance current medical management effectiveness and make recommendations to improve our approach and focus.
In this role, you can focus your attention on the following three key areas to optimize current and future population health opportunities within AtlantiCare:
Medical Leadership in Payer Risk Contracting and Management
- Medicare ACO and bundled payment contracts.
- Commercial risk-based contracts.
- Hospital readmission penalty reduction.
- Develop other risk contract opportunities, such as special needs plans and Medicaid.
Population Health Leadership, Strategy and Tactical Development
- Review and analyze data to improve performance of providers in value-based care and MACRA/MIPS.
- Reinforce and assess utilization of care models, innovative technologies and patient engagement strategies.
- Drive the design of interventions to support the implementation and transformation to value-based healthcare.
- Provide medical leadership to chronic care management and preventive care management.
- Work directly with APG Medical Director and their physicians to improve their performance on value-based contracts.
- Recommend new programs/services needed to meet population health goals/objectives.
- Provide metrics to support Quadruple Aim Performance that is centered on smarter spending, better growth, improved health and provider satisfaction.
- Work collaboratively with Medical Directors across the care continuum.
Socialization of Population Health Culture within AtlantiCare and Community-Wide
- Community population health engagements.
- Educate AtlantiCare and affiliate leads on population health opportunities and challenges.
- Engage AtlantiCare physicians and frontline providers within the network as affiliates to drive a cultural and behavioral transformation from “volume to value.”
- Provide education to senior leaders and board members around value-based care.
This position offers:
- Substantial sign-on bonus
- Quality-based bonus
- Performance-based RVU incentives
- Comprehensive benefits package
- 264 PTO hours, 5 CME days, $5,000 toward CME
- Relocation reimbursement up to $10K
Come be part of an organization renowned for medical innovation and performance excellence. Here you will work with a team of like-minded colleagues and an exceptional staff in a collaborative environment. Best of all, you will be backed by a health system that values your opinions and contributions and that respects your need for work/life balance and desire to make a difference. You will have it all here in beautiful southeastern New Jersey with its pristine beaches, welcoming neighborhoods and abundance of history, culture, arts, entertainment and recreation.