Family Medicine Residency Program Director
Location(s): Atlantic City, NJ
Help us change the delivery of healthcare.
AtlantiCare — a Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award recipient and the largest healthcare system in southeastern New Jersey — is embarking on an exciting new chapter for our clinical education and training programs, with the planned launch of an ACGME-accredited Family Medicine Program. As we prepare to welcome our first set of residents in 2020, we are currently accepting applications for a Family Medicine Residency Program Director to build the foundation of this inaugural program and lead its continued development.
This opportunity is more than just a job — it’s a legacy opportunity. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing this program from its inception, reviewing the final submission of applications, developing curriculum, recruiting faculty, welcoming our first class of four family medicine residents and more.
As the Program Director, your responsibilities would include:
- Dedicating 28 hours per week to program administration, evaluation, teaching, resident precepting and scholarships.
- Approving and evaluating program faculty.
- Implementing and monitoring a clinical-education curriculum plan that ensures a quality didactic clinical-education experience.
- Appointing local directors for each participating site, who will be accountable for resident education.
- Monitoring and evaluating the program to maintain all compliance and ensure that all educational and performance standards set forth by the Program Director are being met by staff, facilities and residents.
- Coordinating all schedules, including lectures and educational sessions, and allocating appropriate time for participation and involvement in all scholarly activities.
- Serving on the hospital Graduate Medical Education Committee and other committees that may benefit the hospital or program.
- Maintaining clinical skills with protected time for direct patient care and CME.
The ideal candidate should have the following experience and essential skills:
- Board-certified and licensed Family Medicine MD or DO, with at least five years of clinical experience.
- Minimum of two years as a core faculty member of an ACGME-accredited family medicine residency program. Program Director or Associate Program Director experience is preferred.
- Excellent team-building, communication and human-relations skills that translate to interactions with co-workers, residents, medical staff, patients, families and the public.
- A passion for clinical education and a desire to make an impact on the future of healthcare delivery through the training of family medicine residents.
If you think this position is a match for you, we’d like to invite you to join AtlantiCare — the region’s healthcare leader, known for its medical innovation and performance excellence. At AtlantiCare, we will value and reward your contributions, respect your need for work-life balance and support your desire to make a difference. Here in beautiful southeastern New Jersey — with its pristine beaches, welcoming neighborhoods and abundance of history, culture, arts, entertainment and recreation — you’ll have it all.